SOLVED

Adding Sat/Sun back to Gantt Chart Calendar

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

One more Gantt Chart question for everyone. I am using the Agile Gantt Chart template and along the way of my customizing, I lost the Saturday and Sundays on the calendar as seen below.

normabeez_1-1683074480081.png

I know I'm using WORKDAYS to calculate working weekdays, but I still want to be able to see Saturdays and Sundays - perhaps grayed out instead of entirely gone like the example snapshot below. I tried using WORKDAY.INTL and ended up wrecking it lol.

normabeez_0-1683074415406.png

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be most appreciated!

6 Replies

@normabeez In K7 enter =J7+1 and copy the formula across, similar to how it is in the original template.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Currently I have the following formula in K7:

=WORKDAY(J7,1)

Using your suggestion brings back Sat/Sun to the calendar but it now includes work falling under Sat/Sun. I'm trying to have the work skip over the weekends. 

normabeez_1-1683123747682.png

The formula I'm using in J11 is: 

=IF(AND($C11="Goal",J$7>=$F11,J$7<$G11),2,IF(AND($C11="Milestone",J$7>=$F11,J$7<$G11),1,""))

Do I need to edit this cell instead to get it to skip Sat/Sun? If so, what changes should it show?

@normabeez Difficult to assess. You have tinkered with a not very intelligent template. Personally, I'm not a fan of templates like these. Use them as they are or not use them at all. 

Can't really help without having the file in hand. Sorry.

@Riny_van_Eekelen

Appreciate your honesty and I get it. However it was the most convenient option at the moment. I had attached the file in my original post.
best response confirmed by normabeez (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@normabeez Sorry. Forgot about the fact that the file had been posted already. Took another look at it and made some changes.

The end date is now based on the start date plus the number of days it takes to complete the task. Then I changed the formula in the grid to return zero is the day starts with "S". That will prevent the milestone icons to show. Lastly, I greyed out all Saturdays and Sundays in the grid. Is that what you had in mind?

See attached.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Apologies for the delayed response, I was OOO the last few days. Thank you so very much for your assistance! THIS IS PERFECT! Thank you again for your time, it is so very much appreciated!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by normabeez (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@normabeez Sorry. Forgot about the fact that the file had been posted already. Took another look at it and made some changes.

The end date is now based on the start date plus the number of days it takes to complete the task. Then I changed the formula in the grid to return zero is the day starts with "S". That will prevent the milestone icons to show. Lastly, I greyed out all Saturdays and Sundays in the grid. Is that what you had in mind?

See attached.

View solution in original post