SOLVED

Adding Partial rows to a column for many many entries

Copper Contributor

Hi there, Lets Assume I have a column (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and another column (5,3,2,gap,1,21,4,gap,5,6,82) - they are both have 9 entries, just one of them has gaps. How do I automatically insert the gaps from the second column (e.g blank entry after entry 3, and blank entry after entry 6) into the first? 

I need to be able to apply the blank entries from one column that is actually 35000 entries long (with gaps already), to another column which is about 34000 entries long (without gaps), so that they have the same number of entries, and gaps in the same place.

Thanks ever so much for your help, I am really stuck and any advice is really appreciated. if you have any questions about my problem please let me know!!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by 3456rh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@3456rh 

Is this what you are looking for? The result column is E and the column without gaps is A. I made a test for 1000 entries in column A and it seems to work. Click on the button in cell G2 to start the macro.

wow! thanks so much! you don't understand how helpful that is! really appreciate it! What adjustments would I have to make so that the gaps in the column with gaps, could be applied to a range of columns? for example, in my problem I have 19 columns of data without gaps, and I need to put the gaps into all of them! thanks again for this! very helpful!

@3456rh 

Is this what you are looking for? I added a second sheet (Tabelle2). The result columns are W to AO and the columns without gaps are A to S. Column with gaps is column U. I made a test for 2000 entries in columns A to S (and in column U) and it seems to work. Click on the button in cell T2 to start the macro.

Hi again, just on my work account at the moment. Just wanted to say thank you, that sorted my issue out perfectly. Really appreciate the help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by 3456rh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@3456rh 

Is this what you are looking for? The result column is E and the column without gaps is A. I made a test for 1000 entries in column A and it seems to work. Click on the button in cell G2 to start the macro.

View solution in original post