Adding Microsoft Date Picker to Excel VBA Userform

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to make a userform in Excel VBA. I need to add a date picker. But that isn't available in the list of available tools (Not in additional tools list). I saw a tutorial on Youtube for adding this tool. The method includes downloading and copying a file named "mscomct2.ocx" into windows directory "Syswow64" and registering it. I did that. But even after following the procedure there is not date picker in the list. Can anyone please help me with that? How do I add a date picker to my userform? Thanking in anticipation. 

10 Replies
I would suggest to use an alternative solution as offered here: https://sites.google.com/site/e90e50/calendar-control-class

@MahboobQadri 

Hi, Just right click on Controls Toolbox -> Select Additional Controls -> Select "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control.

That control is not available on all systems and was deprecated I think with Office 2013

@MahboobQadri 

You need to register the following TWO DLL's: MSCOMCT2.OCX & MSCOMCTL.OCX

Been using this date picker for years, and very happy with it...

@JohnMills 

How to get it, add it and register it. I use excel 2016 and windows11.

Leif

@LeifViking4020 

Hi Leif

You can use DatePicker, ListView, etc with Office 2016 32 Bits (x86).

Download this two OCX files, MSCOMCT2.OCX and MSCOMCTL.OCX. To get them, search from internet, it's easy to get to them.

Copy the two files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

To register them, use System Command as Administrator (Windows Key + R, type cmd and then press CTRL + MAYUSC, then Enter key)

Copy and paste the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCT2.OCX"

Then, you can now choose these two from VBA and use them.

Hope it helps!

Regards

Sorry to hijack, slightly, but would this also work with Office 2010?

@picklefactory 

In response to your question. Yes, Using these two OCX files, MSCOMCT2.OCX and MSCOMCTL.OCX. really works with Office 2010. I am currently using it now. However, it only works with 32-bit version of Office 2010 ---- but not the 64-bit version.

@Kimicko what about office 365 (2024) windows 64bit?