SOLVED

adding batch data to excel

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

I need to keep track of ~10 labs worth of media batches, and within that, around 10-20 different types of media. I'm already using excel to present our clinic success rates, and would like to present this data in the same file. 
Would someone please suggest the best way I could do this? originally i was thinking with an inserted calendar, but I think this might display too messily?

Thank s everyone for the help!

7 Replies

@chytrid 

Can you elaborate more? 

What is the type of data you are talking about?

@Ramiz_Assaf 

Sure! Thank you for your reply. 

So for example, I have a single batch of media A with the lot number 5678, which I will start today. I also have media B, C, D and E with their own lot numbers, which I will start at some stage this week. Then there are 9 other labs, also with the same *type* of media, and potentially the same lot numbers, but they might start their media on a different day to my lab. 

I need to a) trace the use of a single lot number, ie when it was opened and when it was finished, and b) compare that against what media our  other labs were using at the same time. 

I assumed it would easier to visualize this on a calendar-style display, but if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

TIA

best response confirmed by chytrid (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@chytrid 

I did something similar to a Gantt chart 

please find it attached

Ah that is great! Thank you so much for your help!

@Ramiz_Assaf I've tried to replicate your work and I can't quite get it looking the same. I've very obviously missing something.  Can you please advise how  you plot your data without it starting on the vertical axis? If that makes sense... 

Thank you so much for your help

@chytrid 

You only need to select the blue series. then right click and change fill color to "no fill". see the pic

it is a cool trick, right?

have a wonderful day

ahhh thank you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by chytrid (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@chytrid 

I did something similar to a Gantt chart 

please find it attached

View solution in original post