SOLVED

Added new column to table and chart shows wrong numbers

Copper Contributor

In the attached file, I added a new column "E" and the chart shows wrong numbers for that chart.  The mouse pointer shows the right numbers, but the line chart reflects incorrect numbers.  (The purple line). What explains this?  Thanks. 

5 Replies

@PhilipLibman 

That's weird - I don't see why it behaves this way. I'd delete the chart, select the table and create a new line chart.

best response confirmed by PhilipLibman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PhilipLibman 

You selected Stacked Line chart, it means each next line shows sum of all values in previous and current series. I don't know what actually you'd like to show. As variant you may shift on Line chart and show values for each series independently. Or keep staked lines for previous columns, use new one with secondary axis as non-stacked line. De[ends on what you'd like to have.

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Ah, of course... <slaps forehead>

Thanks very much!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PhilipLibman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PhilipLibman 

You selected Stacked Line chart, it means each next line shows sum of all values in previous and current series. I don't know what actually you'd like to show. As variant you may shift on Line chart and show values for each series independently. Or keep staked lines for previous columns, use new one with secondary axis as non-stacked line. De[ends on what you'd like to have.

image.png

View solution in original post