ActiveX 'button' has stopped working

Brass Contributor

My PC has rebooted itself three times today (13th June 2019) through automatic updating.

I do not know why but the ActiveX 'button' in one of my key workbooks has now ceased to work. I used an ActiveX 'button' because I wanted better control over its background colour, which a basic form button does not allow for.

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. Near the 'end' of the workbook is a statistical sheet, which also serves as a clickable table of contents. Those table of contents functionalities have not been corrupted.

On each of the main worksheets there is an ActiveX 'button', which is named CommandButton1 (the name the system gave it when I first created it about 15 days ago). On examining it in Design Mode, it appears to still be an ActiveX 'button' with its text and colour formatted correctly and the code view is what I expected (see below) BUT the button has just simply ceased to work.

ThisWorkbook Level Module

Sub Goto_GSUTPF_Index()
Worksheets("Coverage_Statistics").Activate
End Sub

Sheet Level Module

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
CommandButton1.BackColor = 4349166
ThisWorkbook.Goto_GSUTPF_Index
End Sub

I have closed, re-opened, saved a few times but no effect.

I do, most strangely, also appear to have ended up with two identical copies of the same VBAProject.

Any ideas please.

Best regards

Philip
Bendigo, Victoria
Australia

2 Replies

@PMHunt1955 

This one appears to have cleared itself up after 24 hours.  I don't know why; I changed nothing, but did close, and reopen, the affected workbook a couple of times.  That's the way things go sometimes, I suppose.

I have the same problem.

If I include a simple ActiveX button with a simple macro, it will not work. 

Clicking the button has no effect but can run the macro manually.