Active Directory with Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi there
I have a number of queries that are connected to a database, that are being switched over to active directory. The queries are on a shared network and are accessed by a number of users. I have removed all current permissions and singed in with my Microsoft Account and the query loads and refreshes.

If I then close and save the file and another user opens the spreadsheet, how does the Active Directory sign in work? When you go to Edit Permissions in Power Query, it says ‘you're already signed in' but it doesn't say who you're singed in as. Not sure if its holding the last person who logged in? The aim is for each user who accesses the spreadsheet, to be logged in via Active Directory.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

4 Replies

@Cheryl01 

It takes current user credentials

Thank you for your reply@Sergei Baklan

Upon first access, are they prompted to sign in?

@Cheryl01 

I'm not sure if first sign-in will be required, they already opened Excel with their credentials. Don't remember exactly. What will be required first time that's Run Native query if you use it, but that's just click on Yes.

Thanks again@Sergei Baklan i will see if i can test the first sign in with some users.