5/27 update wiped out al 2020 files

Copper Contributor

Today my Office software did an update and deleted all my excel files from December 2019 to the present, wiping out a very large spreadsheet.  How can i recover this?  i cant seem to find it anywhere!

3 Replies

@bubblegirl 

You need to run data recovery software to recover the lost data. Now do not try to copy of paste or move any data from anywhere in the computer otherwise it will be hard to recover the deleted/lost data. Chances of recovery also depends on various factors. 

You can try various free as well as paid software's in the market. It takes time and much patience as well as luck in the end. 

@AshaKantaSharma 

I tried that a few times and it says it cant be rolled back or recovered.  Something seriously got into the update because I also have Norton installed and it wont let me recover anything.

@bubblegirl 

Ways of recovering of files are listed here http://www.repairmsexcel.com/blog/recover-deleted-excel-file-not-in-recycle-bin, but it looks like that's not your case.

What is strange files were removed on Office update. On which version of Office you are and it was update or upgrade?