13-digit math precision is so 13th-century, all this absurd social engineering must stop!

Deleted
Not applicable

I bet this Excel Feature has been another TOTALLY IGNORED Customer Demand for over 30 years.

I know it has been for me and the new music scale that I am working on the requires 64-digit significant digits JUST FOR MY PROTOTYPE, then I REQUIRE 1024-digit significant digit math precision.

Some Math Theorist Can Get 2^31-digit Signification Digit Math Precision from Excel using the SD version of the xlPrecisionCalc Excel Add-On. BUT IT ONLY WORKS WITH EXCEL 2016 AND EARLIER, NOT 365 AT ALL!

DUE DILIGENCE WENT AND MADE ME CONTACT BOTH VENDORS TO GET THEM HOOKED-UP.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE MOST EGREGIOUS ASPECT AND MOST EDUCATIONALLY DEPRIVING STOOPIDITY OF YOUR <BLEEP>ING <BLEEP> SOCIAL ENGINEERING BS, EVER!!!

I still have not heard back from Microsoft Excel Owner/Manager yet, and I have now gotten so fed-up with this MAJOR DESIGN FLAW, not feature request.

If my simple music scale BREAKS EXCEL MATH, who else's stuff is broken due to REALLY INSANE, bordering on SOCIAL ENGINEERIN CONTROL-FREAKS DIS-ALLOW THE POPULACE FROM SEEING WHAT IS BEYOND STUPID 13-DIGIT MATH PRCISION.

S T O O P I D ! ! !

JUST GIVE US 1024-DIGIT MATH PRECISION AND CHAND EXTRA ONLY FOR THOS THAT NEED MORE THAN THAT!!!

DERPA DERP!

DOH!

6 Replies

@Deleted 

Actually what you suggest is to re-build Excel from the scratch and create totally new product, perhaps with old interface as functions names (but in background, form calculation engine point of view, that will be new functions). Same will be for any other (okay, at least for majority of them) spreadsheet product as Google Sheets. Microsoft is rich enough company, but I don't think they have enough resources to invest in such project, plus return of investments is unclear.

As for xlPrecisionCalc that's third party tool, that's its authors decision do they like and do they have enough resources to support the tool for modern Excel or they stopped with it. That's usual issue with any third-party tool, you never know will it be supported or not.

@Sergei Baklan  they upgraded their product to 365.

Did I mention this outfit built a one-off for a math theoretician that works out to a Billion Digits?

"It would be a whole new Excel."

Yeah, the correct model to run the 21st-Century world of bidnizz on, in point of fact.

@Hans Vogelaar Thanks for that.

And some folk can recall thousands of Pi's digits, while fewer still recall those Pi's thousands of digits in their correct sequence.

In the World Of Tech that I grew up in, when a person requires a tool they cannot or do not have skills-aplenty to craft themself, they seek those who can.

The fact 13-digits is plenty for you doing your whatever kind of accounting is just fine with that, djt foreclosures perhaps, I begin my Valkyrie Shriek for beyond 128-digit accuracy so this one particular art project that has been in & out and on & off my mind since, well let's check out century calendar, shall we, 50 years, yes Half A Fricking CENTURY, waiting for you to get off your mutually-exclusive "it would take a major re-design" lazy way out.

no wonder failure is your middle name control-freak show attitudes and give me a god **bleep** spreadsheet where my beautiful wall-sized spreadsheet has some digits aside from 0 zero zed zilcho where actual numbers define the space in there, but not beyond your ill-defined 13th-Century POV.

Tell me again, what is the purpose in my art being limited to your 13-digits of precision world view?

The scale has its own purpose beyond where I do need accuracy & precision both, and five digits to the right of the decimal is four too many in most worldviews, 2 is fine by me. When I need to tune a musical instrument to said frequency in said sad lonely forgotten cell.

yeesh

@Hans Vogelaar   i know

where is the delete this final attempt to make it infintesimally clear, those "Yellow badges" y'all denigrated us'all Vendors the entire 11-year stretch on 'Redmond' Windows Dev Campus, which is really Bellevue, where James Edward Allchin, who is a mere four years my senior, nearly knocked me **bleep** over teakettle on my then-less-svelte derriere when his holiness comes bustin' on through building 27's lobby entrance getting inside,  er uh it was Orange Badges and shall remain Orange Badges. Ss I was staying late to finish some whatever it was with no overtime pay again.

Your Blue Badge-Addled perspectives, left you dumb-founded how the Sun, yes ol' Sol, could seemingly fade the Orange right offa our badges, and your Yellow remains mere femtoseconds through exposure.

So, adjust your sights a little more focused on ol' Sol's Affect\Effect next time.

"pick your battles, my hemorrhaging Empathy Gland the size of this planet"