1 file crashing Excel

Copper Contributor

We have 1 spreadsheet among many shared in Drop Box that is crashing 1 team member's Excel upon making changes/ saving.  He asked me to look at it.  I noted that it was the only in a series of somewhat similar monthly summary files we have that was saved as a macro enabled workbook.  I find no macros, so tried saving as .xlsx file and it still crashes him.  Not sure where to dig or if I need to rebuild the file.  If the later, how to even begin with years of data in the monster.

1 Reply
It would be of great advantage if you insert a file (without sensitive data) so that we can see and understand the problem better. thus you can also be helped faster and more precisely. So one can only make a presumption or clairvoyance.

1 assumption:
Perhaps an external macro from another worksheet could be built into this worksheet.

2 assumption:
If the Blank file is opened, a workaround in regedit is probably responsible (this also happens with Word).
Computer \ HKEY_USERS \ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX \ Software \ Microsoft \ office the current version number (16.0).

3. Assumption:
maybe the drivers and / or BIOS are not updated to the latest version.

I'm not sure if guesswork can help here.

Nikolino
I know that I don't know (Socrates)