WSUS - KB4584642 detection

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I'm hoping to make a start on rolling out 'new' Edge to endpoints on our network very shortly.

For Windows 10, version 1909 endpoints I was intending to enable the installation of KB4584642 via WSUS, but despite the definition being downloaded and approved for 'Pilot' WSUS targeted groups, it is only showing as being 'Needed' on ~54 endpoints, when we:

a. Don't have that many endpoints in the 'Pilot' targeted group

b. Have more 1909 endpoints than that

c. In the report for the update, it shows as being 'not applicable' on a laptop I have manually installed it on.

Are there any pre-requisites for this update?

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 Reply
The behavior you are sketching is quite normal WSUS / client behavior.
* Needed is going to marked on all clients that need it, regardless if they are in a WSUS target group or not. The ones outside of the group just do not get it installed.
* Can have more then 54 clients that might need the update, but did those all contact the WSUS server and send a status report to it? Where they turned on? Maybe there is a client issue there.
* Not applicable on systems that have a update is common, it all depends on how Microsoft lets clients report its status in WSUS. It is a nuisance and not lacks quality sometimes, but what can you do?

Regards,
Henno