WSUS Edge Stable 95.0.1020.44 Update detection not working on Win7 and 8.1

Copper Contributor

No errors, WSUS is working fine, Office and other monthly updates are downloaded and installed as usual.

8 Replies
That link is for Windows 10 version 2004. The OP is asking about Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. We are experiencing the same detection issue, except with version 95.0.1020.40 and above.

Also, the end-of-service date in the link you provided is December 14, 2021. We are experiencing this issue now.

We have a valid ESU subscription (Yr1 and Yr2) for our Windows 7 endpoints.

@jdseymour1978 @k0syak Thanks for reaching out!  I'm checking with the team about this issue.  We can follow up with updates or if more information is necessary to investigate. 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y 

Something strange happened with these updates. Edge Version 93.0.961.47 (Official build) (64-bit) was updated on my PC to version 94.0.992.47 from the WSUS server 2012 R2 on the second Tuesday of October. After collecting reports, found that hundreds of computers did not receive the browser update in October from either SCCM (on server 2019) or WSUS servers.
I tried to reproduce the problem on my PC and manually uninstalled version 94 and installed 93.0.961.47. Now updates for the browser are not detected with no errors.

ok.PNG

I think the main issue is with the detection logic of Edge updates 95.0.1020.40/44/53 in WSUS; they are enabled for the WSUS management group which contains out Windows 7 endpoints, but all Windows endpoints are listed as "Not Applicable" in the Report view for these updates.

Thanks, Jonathan
local scan with wsusscn2.cab reports the same results
today, after manual synchronizing WSUS, updates for Edge are detected as they should again.

@k0syak Thanks for following up!  

I just confirmed with the team that the fix was deployed.  

If anyone else continues to have issues, please let us know and we can investigate further.

-Kelly