Window.open not working

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,
We are facing an breaking change due to new version of microsoft edge version 89.0.774.45.

Since my application is an enterprise and we used to open window which is popup window using window.open() method.  After this upgrade we are not able to open any popup window. Our application is purely rely on window.open() feature.

We are getting the below issuen in the catch blog while opening a popup window using  window.open() method.

VenkateshSubbarayan_0-1615193443072.png

Checked popup blocker is disabled for the site. So am expecting window to be opened without any issue.

Looks like P1 issue for enterprise users.

Much appreciated if we have any solutions for this issue.

Regards,

Venkatesh.

3 Replies

@VenkateshSubbarayan Hi!  Thanks for reaching out! 

You mentioned this was for an enterprise, do you have any new policies set that could be related or is the site opening in IE mode?  Is this only reproducing on one specific site or is this affecting multiple sites?  Do you know the last version of MS Edge where this was working?  

Also, as this sounds like this is a high priority issue, Microsoft Support would be able to work with you directly and get the necessary logs to investigate your specific issue.  Please feel free to reach out them here:  https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us

-Kelly

This post had me concerned, because my organization also has a number of sites that use the window.open method to call popup windows.

However, I'm not able to duplicate this problem on 89.0.774.48. I tested our apps in IE Mode and Edge Mode, and window.open popups work fine in both.

@VenkateshSubbarayanDid you ever get a fix for this or find out what was going on?