Unable to Sign in to Existing Profiles or Add Profiles in the Edge DEV channel

Copper Contributor

Hi,

After the new update to the Edge DEV channel, Version 81.0.381.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit), I wanted to test the syncing feature that was added. I had a profile logged into my educational Microsoft account, wcjohnson@co.ssd.k12.mo.us. The syncing still was not connecting (grayed out, "Could'n't connect to the sync server."). I signed out of my profile, so I could sign in again, to see if that would start the syncing.

However, I am no longer able to sign in. When I click the "Sign in" button a dark gray window flashes for a second, titled, "Sign In". Then it closes automatically. I tried to use the "Add a profile" button, to add one from scratch. It takes me to a new tab and the window appears with a "Sign in to sync data" button. When I click this button, the same dark gray window, from the settings screen, flashes and then disappears.

I am unable to sign in to my existing profile or add anew one. I was able to do this on the version before this. I am on a Windows 10 PC connected to my work domain. I believe that it is trying to pass through my login information, but it crashes. I may be wrong, but all I know for sure is that I am unable to sign in or add a profile and I need this fixed.

0 Replies