Shortcut Keys in IE Mode

Copper Contributor

I have a few sites that require Internet Explorer (Silverlight). These sites use some shortcut keys for common functions like adding a new line, etc. When the site opens in IE mode for some reason none of the shortcut keys work at all any longer. Any ideas for how to resolve this or is this a feature that could be added? Note this is all shortcut keys (like Ctrl-Shift-A), not just ones that are reserved by edge itself (like Ctrl-Shift-O).

4 Replies

@will_babbit Hi!  Hmmm, interesting!  I'm on MS Edge Version 88.0.705.63 (Official build) (64-bit) and when I visit a page in IE mode, I'm not able to reproduce.  

Common shortcuts like Ctrl+F and Ctrl+C work.  Also, MS Edge specific shortcuts like you mentioned Ctrl+Shift+O and Ctrl+Shift+N are working as expected.  

Does this issue only happen on one machine or are other users able to reproduce?  Also, does this happen on all sites opened in IE mode or just one specific page?  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y I should have been a little more specific, these are shortcut keys specific to the silverlight application itself (3E by Thomson Reuters). For example the time entry section when using IE you can hit Ctrl-Alt-A to enter a new time entry but that doesn't work in IE mode of edge. Screenshot attached of the mouseover. I get that Silverlight is essentially dead but until replacements for everything come out I'm trying to get my users onto Modern Browsers as much as possible and IE Mode is potentially my savior on that front. 

@willbabbit Hi!  Have you tried to reach out to Thomson Reuters directly about this issue in 3E?  It sounds like something they can try and troubleshoot/resolve on their end.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y  The response is that it is designed to work in IE, which it does work in. For some reason those keystrokes are being blocked in "IE Mode" for edge.