SCCM Deployment - Edge 81 - Stops User Login

Copper Contributor

We use SCCM 1910 to deploy our Windows 10 1809 domain image. When I add the SCCM created Edge 81 stable application to the TS it stops any user logging into Windows, the OS just hangs at the "It's taking a bit longer than expected" screen. It does not continue. If I forcefully reboot, I can then log in with the same user.

When I first started the testing, I had Chrome 80 installing in the TS, then If I installed Edge 81 manually, it would also stop new users from logging into Windows. I've since upgraded Chrome to v81 in the TS and that stops the issue only when Edge is install manually, but still has the issue if I put Edge 81 in the TS.

Anyone else deploying Edge and Chrome in the TS and having issues?

7 Replies

@Rich_UK Thank you for reporting this. We've brought this to our Enterprise team and they are looking into it right now. We'll let you know as soon as we hear any updates from them!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Rich_UK To loopback: can you please submit detailed feedback and diagnostic data (Shift + Alt +I) through the browser if you haven't yet? It would really help the team pinpoint the issue.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted Thanks for the update. I've submitted the detailed feedback from a new vm (I had to force a reboot, to be able to access the desktop). If it helps out, i don't mind if anyone wants to remotely access my VM's to see the issue firsthand.

@Rich_UK We appreciate your willingness to help! Due to privacy protections, that isn't a step we take in the troubleshooting process. However, if you included diagnostic data in your feedback, that should be sufficient! And if the team has questions, they can reach out to you through the feedback tool (if you opted to include an email address.)

Fawkes (they/them)

Well done.
reg, Henno

@Rich_UK Excellent, I'm glad to hear it! Let us know if you see related to this pop-up.

Fawkes (they/them)