SOLVED

RelaunchWindow GPO: Some problems

Iron Contributor

Hi @Pernille-Eskebo.

While configuring the new GPOs I found three things I want to submit to you. All three problems are related to the RelaunchWindow policy.

1. The documentation (adml and docs.microsoft.com) don't say that the hours and minutes are in 24hours format and that the defined time zone is respected. I found this information only on the Google Chrome docs page.

2. The adml file contains description text which was originally for Chrome OS. This text was copied confidentially: "If this policy is not set, the default target time window for Microsoft Edge is between 2 AM and 4 AM."

3. The policy is configured, but not visible in MS Edge. MS Edge shows it as not configured.

---

I can't submit the feedback via browser. The feature is disabled in our company.

5 Replies

@htcfreek Hi!  Thanks for reaching out! 

Can you share what version of MS Edge you are using?  I think #2 should have been fixed in v94.  

Also, do you have a screenshot showing #3?  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y wrote:

@htcfreek Hi!  Thanks for reaching out! 

Can you share what version of MS Edge you are using?  I think #2 should have been fixed in v94.  

Also, do you have a screenshot showing #3?  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y Hi! Thanks for you answer.

1. We have version 94.*! And no it isn't fixed in the adml of v94. It's only fixed on docs.microsoft.com.

htcfreek_0-1634629995803.png

2. Sure.

htcfreek_1-1634630220896.png

@htcfreek Thanks!  I've just passed along these issues to our developer.  We will follow up once they've had a chance to take a look.  

-Kelly

best response confirmed by htcfreek (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Kelly_Y

Can you please update the information in the ticket for the devs.  I have got it working now. The problem was an mistake I made in writing the json format in the policy settings data. But I think this should then be reported by Edge and the policy should be marked as 'Failure' on 'edge:policies' page.

@htcfreek Thank you for following up!  I have updated our work item and also let the developers know about your suggestion for edge://policy.  Have a great weekend! 

-Kelly

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by htcfreek (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Kelly_Y

Can you please update the information in the ticket for the devs.  I have got it working now. The problem was an mistake I made in writing the json format in the policy settings data. But I think this should then be reported by Edge and the policy should be marked as 'Failure' on 'edge:policies' page.

View solution in original post