Refresh Enterprise Mode Site List

Iron Contributor

If there is a new version of the Enterprise Mode Site List (XML) available, how is the update process in Edge C to that? In MSIE we had to wait 65 seconds after start of MSIE and in Edge there is an "Force Update" button. But how to refresh in Edge C?

45 Replies

@Kelly_YYes, that is the exact same symptoms we are seeing. The only difference is that this is the link we see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2133855&bucket=85

I didn't see it mentioned, but even after I Force update and it loads the file, that is not retained from session to session. If I close the browser and open it again, it does not retain the site list that was found when the "Force update" was pushed previously.

@R_Whitmire23 Thanks for the additional information!  I'll reach out/follow up with the team and see if they have any insights.  

-Kelly

@R_Whitmire23 @NConnects @Jeff Johnson The team would like to investigate further.  If there is no private/confidential information, would you be able to send an export of edge://compat/iediagnostic when the device is in the broken state and the issue reproduces?  

If there is confidential information in the export, can you reach out to Support https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us ?  They will be able to gather the information securely to help investigate.  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y  Saved it into a .doc to be able to attach it here.

@R_Whitmire23 Thank you!  I've passed it along to the team! 

-Kelly

@R_Whitmire23 Our developers have started to investigate and have a couple of follow up questions. 

Would you be able to confirm if you have enabled the group policy for IE mode, “Configure Internet Explorer integration” (Configure IE mode Policies | Microsoft Docs)?  Or how are you enabling IE mode?  

If you are not using the Configure Internet Explorer integration policy, can you try to enable and test again?  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

I did not have that enabled, and after enabling it, the behavior does seem to work as expected, after 65 seconds it updated the list and now the correct list is displayed between versions!

@Kelly_Y I too have asked my coworker who is fielding most of these tickets to also directly join this conversation to be able to get the requested info.

Yes on the GP for turning on.
Any news on this one? I am just now coming across this issue with brand new machines. Every time we go to Edge, we must force update for the correct list to populate.

Thanks for your time!

-Tony
For me I needed to download and apply the latest policies for Edge, and then follow the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode-policies#configure-internet-explorer-integr... instead of the ones I was using.

Hello. If you have a minute, I read in an online forum that Microsoft isn't supporting OLE in applications. I hope this doesn't affect ActiveX and Edge IE mode. Is IE Mode/ActiveX still good? I use  MS Word interoperability in javascript to populate Ms Word ranges, etc. from browser fields.  thank you very much.

@TomGriffith3 Hello! ActiveX Controls are supported in IE mode.  Please see this documentation: What is Internet Explorer mode? | Microsoft Docs

Thanks! 

-Kelly

I am seeing this exact issue. Has this been resolved?

We are also having this exact issue and I believe this resurfaced after the latest Edge update. When we moved to Edge we saw this issue frequently then it went away as IE mode loaded for our users. Now that Edge has updated it seems it is doing it all over again. 

We push our policies through GPO and load the XML from a file share. On a PC with the issue there is an error message that states, "Error: No URL or invalid URL for EMIE Sitelist." Pressing Force update loads the list immediately. Would be great if we could get a fix, our EMR application requires IE mode.

@k3nnyg If you had IE mode working previously and a recent update has caused an issue, have you reached out to Support?  Support - Microsoft Edge Developer  They should be able to gather logs and help investigate your specific case.  

-Kelly

I posted in another thread and am wondering if related issue since move to Edge IE mode on June 15. I don't have error specifics but IE mode seems to simply konk out randomly, intermittently. Same set up, pushed out gpo policy, site list on share. When happening, users close all Edge windows and reopening and waiting the 65 seconds. Then ok again. The other day, I asked them to bookmark the edge diagnostics page and try Force update when it happens.

Today, on my pc, although not having any issues, i went to the edge diagnostics page and noticed a red error dot next to the Force Update button. clicked Force Update and the dot went away. Thank you so much for reading.

One recent discovery one of our techs made was that the intranet site we hosted the XML on was using Windows Logon (default from parent site). Usually this would not be an issue, but did seem to be when he navigated directly to the URL and was challenged. I change to anonymous. You may want to check the security around your XML.
I opened a ticket with Microsoft yesterday regarding this issue. I'll post an update if we get any sort of resolution. Thanks!

Hey. everybody. I just had the bizarre behavior again out of the blue just clicking bookmarks for IE mode sites. It launched IE in a standalone window. I went to edge://compat/iediagnostic and under "Internet Explorer mode diagnostics" it says "Failed (Internet Explorer mode setting isn't enabled in Edge)". It has a Retry button next to it. Further down it says Internet Explorer mode setting is Off....Group policy settings...Off. So it's not a site list.

Ok, trying Retry button and nothing is happening. I can't get it to reload the Policy. I'm going to try the last recourse to close Edge and do the 65 seconds thing. Yep, that restored IE mode again. Something is definitely up with Edge dropping the group policy intermittently. Thank you.