"Allow sites to be reloaded in internet explorer mode" not showing on Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 7

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are testing new GPO settings "allow sites to be reloaded in internet explorer mode" (InternetExplorerIntegrationReloadInIEModeAllowed = 1 in registry).

It's working great in various Semi-Annual Channel versions (20H2, 21H2, etc...) but it doesn't seems to work on LTSC 2019 and Windows 7.

On LTSC and Windows 7 computers, the menu edge://settings/defaultbrowser doesn't show the option. And the button can't be added to toolbar too (with InternetExplorerModeToolbarButtonEnabled = 1).

Did someone reproduced this behaviour ?

Thanks,

Pierre NICHELE

3 Replies

@PNE77 Hi!  There are specific prerequisites to use the InternetExplorerIntegrationReloadInIEModeAllowed policy and local site lists for IE mode.  Please see this documentation for more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode-local-site-list#prerequisites

Thanks! 

-Kelly

Hello, Thanks for your reply.
I wasn't aware of that prerequisite. As LTSC 2019 is still supported and often used to maintain old app compatibility, it's very usefull to have a tool to test IE Mode before editing the main XML file of enterprise mode.
Do you think it will stay that way or maybe in the future, the menu will be available for LTSC ?

@PNE77 Hi!  I don't have any insight into future plans in this area, but you can always 

provide feedback/feature requests through the browser to the team ("..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback). 

I know previously it was possible to run Microsoft Edge with the `--ie-mode-test` command-line flag and it would provide an option to Open site in IE mode, but I'm not sure if it is still available.

Thanks! 

-Kelly