SOLVED

PDF Viewer in Edge doesn't work with checkboxes

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

The Edge PDF Viewer gives us lots of issues with PDF documents that contain checkboxes and signature fields.

Example is that you have 5 checkboxes above each other, you click the bottom one, but the top one gets checked.

Same goes for the signature field, this one doesn't give you the option to sign anymore.

All of this since last Edge update, anyone else experiencing this issue aswell?

Kind regards,
Lennart

22 Replies

@Lennartvdbor Hello!  Thanks for reaching out!  You mentioned the issue started happening after updating Microsoft Edge.  Do you know what version the issue started and can you remember what was the last version that it was working properly?  

If you haven't had a chance yet, can you also please submit diagnostic data through the browser? ("..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback).  Thanks! 

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Sorry but the issue we having was made known to us a few weeks ago, apprantly the problem was already active since a few weeks before that again so quite difficult to say since what update.
What I do know is that I have the exact same issue in my Edge so it's not like our client is the only one having this issue.

I will upload the diagnostic data soon!

Thanks for your reply.

-Lennart
I sent the feedback, sorry very new to this so not sure how this works.
I didn't get a file to upload or something, can you see if you received what i sent?

-Lennart

@Lennartvdbor Hi! I believe I've found the feedback you've submitted.  

I've passed on the information to the PDF team and will let you know if they need any additional information.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

Hi,

Awesome, Thank you!

-Lennart
Hi Kelly,

Any news on this issue?

-Lennart

@Lennartvdbor Hi!  Our developers are still investigating.  Thanks for your patience! 

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your response and I hope they find a solution soon! :)
Have they actually also encountered the same problem btw?

-Lennart

@Lennartvdbor Hi!  Yes, from what I can see they have a PDF that reproduces the issue and is being used for their investigation.  

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Any news on this?

@Lennartvdbor Hi!  Sorry, no updates yet and we have lots of folks on the team out of the office until the new year.

We'll let you know once we have some information.  Happy Holidays!

-Kelly  

Hi,

Okay thank you, happy holidays to you to!

- Lennart
best response confirmed by Lennartvdbor (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Lennartvdbor Hi!  Our developers have released a fix.  Would you be able to test on MS Edge Canary Channel (version 99.0.1122.0+)?  Please let us know if this resolves your issue.  

Also, they are working to release the fix to MS Edge Stable (version 96) but that is not quite available yet.  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

It works 100% fine now! Thanks for all the help.
You got any clue when it will come out for end user to use?

-Lennart

@Lennartvdbor Hi!  MS Edge Stable Version 97.0.1072.55 was released today, would you be able to test once you get the update?  I don't have a PDF that reproduces so please let me know and if it is not working on v97 I can follow up with our developers.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

It works! So awesome, thanks for all your help!

-Lennart

@Lennartvdbor Great news!  Thanks for confirming! 

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Sadly the PDF doesn't work in the stable version, only in the Canary version.

-Lennart

@Lennartvdbor OK!  Thanks for letting me know.  I've reached out to our developer to see if I can get more information.  

-Kelly

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lennartvdbor (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Lennartvdbor Hi!  Our developers have released a fix.  Would you be able to test on MS Edge Canary Channel (version 99.0.1122.0+)?  Please let us know if this resolves your issue.  

Also, they are working to release the fix to MS Edge Stable (version 96) but that is not quite available yet.  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

View solution in original post