NonRemovableProfileEnabled GPO preference does not work

Iron Contributor

I have the NonRemovableProfileEnabled (Configure whether a user always has a default profile automatically signed in with their work or school account) GPO preference set to false (verified through edge://policy) and it does not work. I am always signed in with my domain account and have no options except to change the picture. This NEEDS to be configurable for business use. Before Edge 78 the browser would open with a default, non-signed-in profile.

Version 80.0.320.3 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

9 Replies

Any update on this? Still doesn't work in 80.0.345.0. I have the GPO set and verified in the browser and I still cannot sign out of or remove my Work account.

I still can't get it to work either.  The default profile always gets created and I am unable to remove it.

I'm also finding that this profile is not working.

Users should be signed in with their Work account (AAD) but instead a "Profile 1" is created that is not signed in.

If I used the BrowserSignIn policy and set it to 2 "Force users to sign-in to use the browser" it will display a prompt asking users to sign in.

How do we configure it to get users to sign in automatically?

Edit: Tried Beta 81.0.416.31 and Official 80.0.361.66

@LBXComputers 

still the same for me in Version 83.0.478.18 (Official build) beta (64-bit)

@Jasper1035 

Mine started working about a month ago.  I haven't changed anything on my setup.  There were a few updates and I am on the DEV channel of Edge.  I don't even remember what settings I had tried last.

These are the settings currently set in my group policy:

Configure whether a user always has a default profile automatically signed in with their work or school accountDisabled 
Enable Proactive AuthenticationEnabled 
Restrict which accounts can be used as Microsoft Edge primary accountsDisabled 
fixed For you on live version?
I’d want the policy “ Configure whether a user always has a default profile automatically signed in with their work or school account” to be enabled. We want Edge to sign in to AAD without it prompting. We want it to sync automatically too without prompting.

@LBXComputers 

Tried it without any success.

BrowserSignin  seems to be the best workaround at the moment

Browser sign in doesn't work for us.