Is it possible to change new tab page layout with GPO?

Brass Contributor

I'd like to force users to have the informational layout instead of inspirational by default.

11 Replies
I would like to know how to do this as well. I cannot find any way to do it using GPO.
We want the focussed page without the adverts/news tabs on the bottom forced for all users.

We would also like a GPO to control the new tab page layout. It would be nice if there was a policy for full customization, or at least a way to apply the Focused, Inspirational or Informational layouts. 

2020-04-24 11_21_48-EIS92PC - Remote Desktop Connection.png

@OliverTeglhus  Did you have any luck with this?

@Elliot_the_Goose  no i haven't checked in a while but i doubt it's possible yet. Have  you checked if there is a new ADMX template?

@OliverTeglhus  Yeah i have the newest ADMX, still nothing, guess it's still early days

I am also looking to configure New tab layout using GPO... Also do You know if it's possible to set new tab as blank page?

@Michal1984 

Yes, no Problem to set new Tab to Blank. There is an GPO named "Configure the new tab Page". There just set the Homepage URL to -> about://blank

@Joachim_T  thanks... Just wanted to confirm this is expected, it might by a confusion for users that something is not working. I would prefer to have it just blank :) Anyway better would be to change new tab page layout, we would like to use o365 feed with focused layout.

Michal1984_0-1590390010089.png

@Michal1984 

its not working in usercontext. only in the GPO. And its working fine in our environment

Joachim_T_1-1590398437312.png

@Michal1984 

for the adressbar you can use about:blank