Importing xml into 365 adm console Microsoft Edge Site lists transposes IE11 mode configuration

Brass Contributor

when importing an xml file with sites set to open in IE11 mode with a few that were set to open in app IE11, it transposes the configuration .

so sites that are set to 

<open-in>IE11</open-in>

after import are changed to 

<open-in app="true">IE11</open-in>

and any site set to 

<open-in app="true">IE11</open-in>

are transposed to
<open-in>IE11</open-in>

This happens even after correcting everything , exporting. The export remains correct, but upon import of the xml it transposes the config from IE mode to open in app IE11

4 Replies

@Jsink1840 Hi!  Just to gather some additional information.  Is this a new issue you've noticed when using the Cloud Site List Management for IE mode?  Do you know if it was working properly before?  Also, does this consistently reproduce?  Have you tried a different xml file?  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

it seems to have never worked correctly. i have tried multiple xml files ( we converted from hosting the xml on our own site to using MS 365) as well as export a corrected one from the MS365 Edge Site lists and then re-import and on the import it transposes the configuration. It is reproducable every time

@Jsink1840 OK, thanks!  Let me check with the team and see if they have any insights.  

-Kelly

@Jsink1840 Hi!  Our developers are investigating and trying to reproduce the issue.  Would you be able to provide the XML file you were using that had the issue?  I'll also reach out to you via direct message if that is easier to send over the file.  Thanks! 

-Kelly