SOLVED

IE Site list mode not working

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Enterprise Site List in Edge chromium. I read and followed the instructions and set the GP settings as mentioned in the MS instructions page.

The site list xml file was created using "Enterprise Mode Site List Manager v2" and worked fine on the pre-chromium Edge versions. I loads fine when trying to open in the browser.

I see the set policies in the 'edge://policy/' page (exported json file attached), it shows correctly with the correct URL addresses in the 'edge://compat/enterprise' page, but when I try to actually open one of the URLs, it loads up via Edge chromium and not IE, as I would expect.

I'm Running Windows 10 Enterprise OS Version 1803 (Build 17134.1304)

and Edge Version 80.0.361.54 (Official build) (64-bit)

Would appreciate any help on this, as I'm sure I followed all requirements, but fail to see the results.

28 Replies

@rauhe Hi John - Yes, normally the IT Admin would set up IE mode for their organization.  

I'm not sure about your specific situation but here are a couple of IE mode options which might help these users who would have a problem setting up the correct policies.  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y
I will look trough the links and see if there is a solution.
Thank you for your help!
/John

@rauhe 

I resolve my issue by adding the registry key ! 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]

"InternetExplorerIntegrationLevel"=dword:00000001
"InternetExplorerIntegrationSiteList"="yourXMLSiteList.xml"

Hope it will help you.

Ben

@Ben_Forcity 

Thank you! I will try it when I am back at that task again!

""InternetExplorerIntegrationLevel"=dword:00000001" will allow the .xml to be applied, but will also prevent "Reload in Internet Explorer mode" in Settings (Alt+F) to be applied - "InternetExplorerIntegrationReloadInIEModeAllowed" =dword:00000001
That's unfortunate, either "xml" or "reload in IE mode", not both settings at the same time.

We are running into this same issue but only on Servers 1809 LTSC (works fine on our Windows 10 1909 and higher PCs).
If we turn on InternetExplorerIntegrationLevel (using either 1 or 2) the InternetExplorerIntegrationReloadinIEModeAllowed doesn't work.
However if we either disable InternetExplorerIntegrationLevel or enable it and set it to 0, then the reload option works but it breaks the InternetExplorerIntegrationSiteList XML file. It gets an error "No URL or invalid URL for EMIE SiteList".

@eladz6 

I had the path on a c:\edge\sitelist.xml as I was configuring for one AWS WorkSpace because C:\ is hidden (but reachable by typing in address C:\ of File Manager) I thought it was may a permissions issue in the AWS Workspace Window 10 64 bit workstation. 

I had created the sitelist.xml file by right clicking and making a note file. This of course as .TXT to the end of it because extensions are not displayed by default nor is the details grid (which would have shown me the type). I sent the extensions on in View menu and found I forgot to change the extension to XML.  I cut and pasted the file because I did not have a file transfer mode to that system (separate networks etc). Hope it helps others to make sure to check that. 

In my case. New copied admx doesn't show in gpo list. So I found out there was C:\Windows\sysvol\sysvol\yourdomain.net\Policies\PolicyDefinitions folder so I deleted it, now all admx works from C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions

To work need modify this values at Policies\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Edge (not Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Component\Microsoft Edge):
Configure the Enterprise Mode Site List
Configure Internet Explorer integration

@Shilpa_Subramanian 

I have a similar problem.

Our client has a website that uses the Activex component and the address must have initials in capital letters. The address is defined in the Enterprise mode list as follows:
//address.some.net/csp/test/Some.Window.cps
-<site url="address.some.net:57773/csp/test/Some.Window.cls">
<compat-mode>Default</compat-mode>
<open-in>IE11</open-in>
</link>
However, when checking edge://compat it shows the address in lower case. Like this: /address.some.net/csp/test/some.window.cps
Could this cause the site to not open correctly?