IE Mode - Favicons do not load for new IE Mode favorites

Iron Contributor

Hello,

I've had some users report that if they create a favorite for an IE Mode site, the favicon for the site never populates in their favorites bar or favorites list. It will keep displaying the default icon. Edge mode sites populate favicons fine, and if I load one of my IE Mode sites in Edge mode the favicon loads. 

When we deployed Edge, we imported everyone's Internet Explorer favorites. The IE Mode favorites imported this way load their favicons correctly. It looks like the issue just affects IE Mode sites added to favorites through Edge. 

If I navigate directly to where the favicon is hosted, the image loads fine, but still does not populate in the favorites bar/list. I ran fiddler and did not see any denied requests for the favicon. 

Is anyone able to duplicate this behavior, and if so, can this be addressed by the team? 

Thanks!

Andrew

3 Replies

@AndrewSAIF Hi Andrew!  Thanks for your post!  I'm checking with the team if this is a known issue or if they have any information.  We will follow up with any updates.  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y 

Hi Kelly, 

Is there any update on this issue? I can still reproduce this on Edge Dev 89.0.767.

Thanks!
Andrew

@AndrewSAIF Hi! Thanks for following up!  I have not been able to find out anything yet.  

If you haven't had a chance, can you also please submit feedback/diagnostic data through the browser? ("..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback)

Thanks! 

-Kelly