IE mode - Disabling the Pop-up Blocker not working

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Edge 90.0.818.66(64bit) on Windows 10 1803  x64. 

I set IE mode and created an XML file,  a list of user defined websites and i found it works well.

But the thing is, whenever i access one of the sites for IE mode that opens a pop-up page, 

the browser shows " pop-up blocked" with red icon. 

i tried changing several options, like disabling the pop-up blocker , allowing pop-ups for the websites, but it's not working at all. 

Has anyone else run into this issue and resolved it?

Thanks.

• e
4 Replies

@Grace1580 Hello!  Have you tried adding the specific site to the IE "Pop-up allow list" Group Policy?  I believe the IE Group Policy should apply to the site when opened in IE mode in MS Edge.  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y   Thanks for your reply.
Like your tips, I added domains to this setting but they never appear, even after a gpupdate /force and a reboot. So i searched for the related popup issue of GP and, fortunately, i finally found a solution and the following guid works great in Edge.
https://docs.microsoft.com/ko-kr/deployedge/microsoft-edge-policies#popupsallowedforurls

* By the way, i realized that an url containing "%" (it is part of some parameters encoded by the "escape()" javascript function) ignores the above policy. When i removed the character, the pop up windows open well. i don't know why, but i think it might be resolved if i upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10.

Thanks for your help! :)

@Grace1580 Great to hear you were able to get it working!  :smile:

-Kelly

@Grace1580 How did you finaly get it working? I'm struggling with the same isue ;-(

Using "popupsallowedforurls" does not make any difference. Pop-ups ar still blocked on te listed sites.