SOLVED

IE mode canary

Iron Contributor

So I have had the flag set to IE mode for the past week and everytime i clicked it, it said I need admin privileges, well now that it is supposedly working I know longer have the setting in more tools to click, with it being enabled. Have unenabled and renabled uninstalled and reinstalled and its just missing.

13 Replies

@derekamoss 

Same here. I'm on Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring 20H1 Build 18936

here is all my modified flags but still the IE mode option is missing in "More tools" .

Annotation 2019-07-11 165138.png

@HotCakeX 

and yet the just stated that Edge was ready for enterprise development because of this and windows application guard....

@HotCakeX wrote:

@derekamoss 

Same here. I'm on Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring 20H1 Build 18936

here is all my modified flags but still the IE mode option is missing in "More tools" .

Annotation 2019-07-11 165138.png

Same too with IE mode.  Although I'm in "Slow Ring". I don't use IE for anything anymore so I don't check on it much, but it was the same for me too.

@derekamoss 

this still has not been fixed.

@Anthony 

Still no dice on any canary build

@HotCakeX Any news on this? I still dont have IE mode option.

@stevepet23 

I think you have to be on skip ahead Insider from what I can figure.

@derekamoss 

There is no skip ahead build. it was merged with fast ring few months ago.

best response confirmed by derekamoss (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@stevepet23 

apparently it's only in Dev version only. the button is gone, you have to set it up through group policy and add the websites you want to run in IE mode to a list. 

i don't know why they removed the button, it was very simple and easy. it doesn't have to be complicated like this.

@HotCakeX 

Thanks for that!

@HotCakeX 

Sometimes I feel when you search gif's for Microsoft it should default to the Face Palm Gif lol. Why make it so difficult? I guess they really don't want it deprecated and not being used by consumers.

You are right... Mind is set to think 20H1 automatically means skip ahead. =)

@derekamoss Yes probably xD 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by derekamoss (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@stevepet23 

apparently it's only in Dev version only. the button is gone, you have to set it up through group policy and add the websites you want to run in IE mode to a list. 

i don't know why they removed the button, it was very simple and easy. it doesn't have to be complicated like this.

View solution in original post