HTTP ERROR 401 - This page isn’t working right now. However, google Chrome works fine.

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I am currently getting a HTTP Error 401 message in Edge (Beta).  It only happens when trying to authorise via ADFS, Azure AD authorisation is working as expected.  When I try the same operation in Google Chrome, everything is working as expected (see pic).

I have completed the following:

• Cleared browser history.
  • Cleared password history.
  • Removed any relevant entries from credential manager
  • Renewed my certificate.

Only other relevant info I can think of is that I changed my password at some point last week.

Many thanks in advance.

2 Replies

The first thing you need to know about the http error 500 the page isn't working is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. The error is too generic and does not tell you exact problem. When you hit an internal server error it usually means some parts of your web server is not configured correctly or the application is trying to do something and the server is failing to carry out the request due to a conflict or restriction. Please check the error logs on your server for a more specific error message, which may give a clue to why this is happening on your website/server. These errors are often caused by plugin or theme function conflicts, so if you have access to your Dashboard, try deactivating all plugins. It is up to the administrators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Reload or Refresh the Webpage.
  • Check you server permission.
  • Corrupt Plugins.
  • .htaccess file may be corrupt.
  • Exceeded PHP memory limit.
  • Increase the memory setting in the wp-config.php file.
  • Clear your browser cookies and cache

@andrewdashBHP
Did you manage to fix this issue and did it occur on Windows 7 or Windows 10.
We are having a similar issue with a client machines only on some users when signing into MS_Teams.