HomePage

Copper Contributor

Hello All,
This might seem like a easy thing to do but we are struggling with this settings.  We are attempting to set a Recommended Homepage to our main intranet site.  We want the users to be able to change their HomePage if they want to. We have enabled the "ShowHomeButton" setting. We have set the "HomepageLocation" to the "Local Intranet Site" However, the site seems to be locked and uneditable to the customer.  Any thoughts?

2 Replies

@RobLastra 

Hi Rob, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble configuring settings the way you'd like! Unfortunately, it looks like enabling the HomepageLocation policy means users can't change their home page URL, but they can choose to use the new tab page as their home page.

However, have you tried setting the policy up as recommended instead of mandatory? It looks like that might allow an override, though I'm unfortunately not able to test that out. 

Hi Rob,
I have been running into the exact same issue but slightly different and have been unable to find an answer so was wondering if you or anyone had ideas?

We implemented the "Recommended (users can overide)" setting but now that we want to change the homepage link i change it in the recommended setting but it doesn't change users homepage's.

The old legacy Edge had a setting that was introduced that allowed you to disable the fact that editing the homepage was locked down but since the new Edge Chromium this hasn't carried over.