SOLVED

Even if JavaScript windows.close () is used, the IETab screen does not close

Copper Contributor
■Background
We are testing if our self-development application running on Salesforce works fine on Edge installed from Microsoft Edge Insider Channels.
■Details of the issue
From the salesforce screen, open other system screen in a separate tab, The other system screen was closed, but there is a blank tab remains. The other system is open in IEMode. (See attached file for details)
■Question
To close the other system screen, JavaScript windows.close() But why is the tab not closing? When I tried the same operation with IE and chrome, the tab closed.
6 Replies

@h-yamada Thanks for trying IE mode!

Can you please let us know the Edge and OS versions you are using? If you type in edge://version in the address bar and send us the details, that will help.

@Shilpa_Subramanian 

Sorry for the late reply.

I will send the Edge and OS versions information.
Please see the attached file.

I would be happy if you could answer by 10/4.
Or please let me know if you know the answer.

@h-yamada Apologies for the delayed response. 

We addressed this issue on Windows 10 versions, and this will be fixed for Windows 8.1 and 7 with the OS update in October. 

Please let us know which version of Windows you are currently on.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that the attached document is incorrect. The correct document will be attached, so please check the version information. I use windows10 1903, Has this problem been fixed already?

best response confirmed by h-yamada (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@h-yamada Yes, please upgrade to Windows 10 build 18362.329 or higher for the fix and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thank you for your answer.
I confirmed that the issue was resolved.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by h-yamada (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@h-yamada Yes, please upgrade to Windows 10 build 18362.329 or higher for the fix and let us know if you still experience any issues.

View solution in original post