EDGE: Where is policy for 'allow recently closed sites to finish sending and receiving data'

Copper Contributor

In the browser under Under Settings -> Site Permissions -> Background sync ... is a switch that I want to control with group policy, but can't find it.

6 Replies

@JonJF Thanks for reaching out. I've passed this on to our Enterprise settings team and will let you know if they have any insights.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@JonJF 

Yes thanks for reaching out and letting us know you are looking for a policy to control this setting. There is not a policy to set this right now. We will take your feedback into the team and evaluate if this is something we can add.

Still waiting ... . Settings it via edge://settings/content/backgroundSync is tiresome.

@TairikuOkami 

JonF and his Team need to create a GPO so that our domain settings can force "Don't allow recently closed sites to finish sending and receiving data" behaviour.  Right now, I have to turn that setting off manually when I create a new user, hoping that they won't play with this setting.

ALSO, we need a GPO to prohibit sites from installing Paymnet Handlers.  These two items are SECURITY issues and I do not understand why they have not been addressed.  "Don't allow sites to install payment handlers" also needs to be a GPO for Microsoft Edge (or any of the Chromium-derived web browsers) ASAP!  As of Version 99.0.1150.46 these GPO's still have NOT been implemented.

Let's get these security issue GPO's addressed PLEASE.

ChevITGuy

@ChevITGuy @JonJF @TairikuOkami Hi! I see the team has it on their radar to add the policies for Background sync and Payment handlers.  I currently do not see any ETA but I have passed on the feedback and we can follow up with any updates.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y 

Greetings!   We are now at Microsoft Edge Version 103.0.1264.44 which is working well for us.  However, I am still setting the Background Sync disable and the Paymant Handler install disable MANUALLY, hoping that our users do not change this.  Please push to get a GPO for these SECURITY items. Personally, I do NOT understand the thinking behind NOT getting these Security GPO's implemented ASAP!

ChevIT Guy