edge policies to control the appearance settings of history and downloads

Brass Contributor

Are there plans to create edge policies for controlling the appearance of history and downloads on the menu of edge like show cast / home button etc?

are there any other way to control its appearance not though admx in endpoint manager for now?

7 Replies

@NickB Hi! Can you elaborate or explain a little bit about how you want to change the history and download menus?  

You mentioned Cast and Home Button, we currently have policies to show those on the toolbar:   

Thanks! 

-Kelly

Sure - the existing policies for show home button and cast force these on/off as required in the top right of the nav menu of Edge.

Owing to recent changes on how edge downloads docs/programmes etc we'd like to enforce the downloads button in this area and conversations with users have indicated that they'd like a quick 1 click button access to browser history too however no policies exist for those items

@NickB Thanks for the additional information!  I think I understand, basically you want a policy to force the History and Downloads icon to appear on a users toolbar automatically, instead of each user adding it to the toolbar individually.  Is that correct?  

Kelly_Y_0-1619731617523.png

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y you got it... :)
i noticed in edge dev there is now a math solver and tips (not sure about need for the former but the latter could help further adoption)

@NickB Great!  Let me reach out to the team.  I'll pass on your feedback and see if there are any plans to create a policy to control these features.  

-Kelly

@NickB Hi!  The team now has added to their roadmap work to investigate a policy like you mentioned.  No ETA yet but we can follow up here with any updates.  Thanks! 

-Kelly