I have noticed that my company's policies for Edge Searching seem to be reverting back to the defaults. I noticed that searching in the Address Bar was using Bing when it should be using Google, by policy. I went to edge://policy and noticed that there were errors in the search policy:
I clicked the Reload Policies button, and the Status immediately changed back to OK.
I restarted Edge Dev, and the settings reset back to their Error Status.
I have noticed this for the past few Edge Dev Releases...and just validated that it still happens on 102.0.1217.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit).
I have NOT been able to reproduce this behavior on ANY Edge Stable Release.