Edge Chromium and OnPrem Sync

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are running the newest stable version of Edge Chromium on Windows 10

We want to use On Prem Sync. We have created the following settings via GPO:

RoamingProfileSupportEnabled = 1

ConfigureOnPremisesAccountAutoSignIn = 1

RoamingProfileLocation = ${profile}\edge-profile

The profile file "profile.pb" is created in the folder above. When we check inside Edge profile settings in the profile is "sync". 

Then I log of Windows 10 and log into another computer everything looks the same - but the profile is not sync across to the new computer.

I can't find any information about where the "sync" between the computers should be placed og any information about where I can configure this.

Roaming profiles is not an option. 

Please advise.

6 Replies
You have indicated location in rooming profile. I guess you need to indicate share on network path for it to work if you don't want to use rooming profiles.

@mindst Thanks for your reply. 

I don't understand your feedback. I wrote: Roaming profiles is not an option.

@FlemmingL  On-Premises Sync work by writing to and reading from the profile.pb file. If the file is not placed centrally (like on a File Share) where the user can access the file, then the file will have to be transferred manually to the same location on the other computer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-on-premises-sync#how-it-works

@thola360 Thanks for your feedback. I already now this. 

I have a Support case running with Microsoft now. I will write the information back here when there is a solution.

This was working for us on Edge 85 but stopped on Edge 86. Seems the new sync options they added made it always prefer Azure sync over on prem sync

@FlemmingL  did you find a solution to the problem?