Edge Causing hung Citrix Sessions

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am dealing with an issue on my Citrix VDAs where Edge will hang up upon user logoff and cause the Citrix session to then be hung up.

I have narrowed it down to a folder directory in temp that has items that appear to be related to the shopping "feature" of Edge not being able to be deleted upon session end. This is despite Shopping being turned off via GPO.

I am using FSlogix 2.9.7654.46150 for user and ODFC profiles on the VDAs, so the temp directory in question is being created by and supposed to be being deleted by FSLogix upon user logon and logoff. It is failing upon user logoff in deleting that directory, thus causing Edge to hang and the Citrix session to be hung.

And for some inexplicable reason, when a single user session is in this state, the rest of the users on that VDA have issues with Office 2016 applications functioning correctly. I can go into more detail with this if necessary.

The VDAs are running on Server 2012 R2.

Citrix version is 1912 LTSR CU2.

FSLogix version is 2.9.7654.46150.

Most clients are Windows 10 of varying levels, and some Macs.

Any and all help on this will be appreciated.

1 Reply

@cptaylor Hello!  It sounds like you've done a lot of investigation to narrow down what could be causing the issue.  For this issue specifically, it might be best to reach out to Support (https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us), they will be able to work with you directly to troubleshoot.  Also, since there is a browser hang they will probably need logs/traces which could contain personal information.  Thanks for reaching out!  

-Kelly