Deploying PWAs to certain user groups

Copper Contributor

I have had a look at the docs for installing PWAs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-policies#webappinstallforcelist) but there are a few things that are unclear to me.

When installing PWAs, there is an option to pin the app to the taskbar. Is it possible to control this behaviour in the group policy? From what I can gather it's only possible to create a desktop shortcut?

When setting this group policy, is it possible to install the PWA only for certain user groups or will the PWA be installed for all users in the organisation?

Thanks for the help!

1 Reply

@sb337 Hello!  Based upon the documentation, you are correct you can create a desktop shortcut but there is no mention of pin to task bar.  If you haven't yet, feel free to submit feature requests through our in-browser feedback tool. It's under "..." menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback.

The policy documentation does include information about targeting specific user group.  More information here: Configure Microsoft Edge for Windows with policy settings | Microsoft Docs

Kelly_Y_0-1654276831668.png

Thanks! 

-Kelly