Deploying a PWA and an icon - too much to ask?

Brass Contributor
Having logged a call with support i've been informed its impossible to deploy an icon allong with the config to deploy a pwa?

Using the following policy
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-policies#configure-list-of-force-installe...

I wanted to control the icon delivered on the desktop when installed after using the "create_desktop_shortcut": true, "default_launch_container": "window" } configuration.

Im struggling to understand why you couldn't pull down an .ico or image such as a png to act as its icon.

Am I supposed to wait until the new microsoft app store is available and use pwabuilder.com?
4 Replies

@NickB Hi!  I've just reached out to the team and it looks like adding a custom icon using the WebAppInstallForceList policy is a feature request that is on their radar.  Unfortunately, there is no ETA right now, but appreciate the feedback.  

Thanks! 

-Kelly

The MS documentation now shows the options for Custom icon and title, yet also has warning that its not available in edge, I wonder whenthis will be available being as there documentation shows it even with a warning not in edge
The documentation example even includes custom_icon values.
Any updates on when it would be implemented?

@BramV Sorry, I do not have an ETA but here is a Chromium bug with some additional information (1340734 - Enable WebAppInstallForceList custom_name and custom_icon policy attributes on Windows - c...).  Thanks! 

-Kelly