SOLVED

Block SSO for specific Edge profiles

Bronze Contributor

Is it possible to block SSO for specific profiles in Edge?

Here's my use case: I have a separate M365 tenant for development and testing. I am signed in to my computer with my work account, and I want to create Edge profiles for the user accounts I use to sign in to my dev tenant. I create a new profile, and when prompted to sign in and sync data, I enter the credentials for a dev tenant account. However, when I browse to, say, https://portal.office.com, I get automatically signed in with my work account.

Ideally, I would like Edge to perform SSO using the credentials I entered for the dev tenant account when I set up the Edge profile, but I would settle for a way to block Edge from passing through the credentials for my work account.

3 Replies

@Ryan Steele Hi!  I'm not sure if this will help in your specific scenario but in MS Edge v99 a feature was added for users to have the ability to create a customized list of sites for automatic profile switching in Microsoft Edge.  The list can be set here: edge://settings/profiles/multiProfileSettings.  

-Kelly

@Kelly_Y Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to help in this specific scenario. However, I wasn't aware of this new feature and it will definitely be useful for other workflows, so thank you all the same!

best response confirmed by Ryan Steele (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

As far as I can tell, it is not currently possible to disable Seamless SSO with the logged-in user's account for specific Edge profiles. Indeed, I have found a request in the Feedback Portal for this exact feature:

Improve SSO Experience for Multiple Work Profiles · Community (microsoft.com)

I have voted it up, and I would encourage anyone else who would find this feature useful to do the same.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ryan Steele (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

As far as I can tell, it is not currently possible to disable Seamless SSO with the logged-in user's account for specific Edge profiles. Indeed, I have found a request in the Feedback Portal for this exact feature:

Improve SSO Experience for Multiple Work Profiles · Community (microsoft.com)

I have voted it up, and I would encourage anyone else who would find this feature useful to do the same.

View solution in original post