SOLVED

The BIG WFH Office pictures!

MVP

I am currently traveling (which may be my last travel in a while...) but I will post a picture of my current home office setup as soon as I get home. I will also post a picture of it once I´m done with my remake of it. Currently, its not suited to my needs and ill explain why when I´m able to post my picture. Until then, post your own pictures! Share what you like and dislike and help each other to improve work spaces!

41 Replies

@MStrant The free/busy light is the best idea I've heard over the past few days on teleworking!!

I'm very fortunate that I've been based at home for a couple of years, so have had some time to build up my little office environment :)

49" Dell U4919DW ultrawide monitor

Dell USB-C dock

BlasterX Senz3D webcam for Windows Hello & high quality video

Jabra 710 speakerphone for Teams/Skype/Zoom

Native Union Dock wireless charger is a joy

Old Surface Pro 3 is docked in the corner showing timezones of my team

Converted two Lack tables into a little rack and extra desk space beside my desk, housing Unifi switch and three mounted Raspberry Pis

Surface ergonomic keyboard is great

Little mousepad clip on extender for the desk is well worth getting

Logitech MXMaster range mice are the best I've found

Surface Headphones hanging from a stick on peg, out of the way but in reach for calls when I want to wander

Kalimba on the desk and piano to the right, for musical distraction :)

WFH Image.jpg

best response confirmed by Shadab Rasheed (Microsoft)
Solution

Hey @Simon Binder here's my WFH setup :smile: I mostly work from home for about 2 years now, so I try to make the home office as nice as possible as this is where I spend most of my work time. 

home office.jpg

@Simon Binder Here's mine in both regular and battle mode. And yes, that is a beer tap next to my desk.

WFH.png

That is sweet! What type of mic is that?

OK this is PINTEREST worthy! I'm definitely taking some inspo from this! I really like the cupboards at the back, where did you get those from?

WFH-desk.JPG

 Minimal but focussed.

@Simon Binder 

@Isi_777 its so neat and I love the layout and smooth lines. It feels like a workspace that would inspire me. It's interesting the impact of the colour and material of your space. Like the wood. My desk is dark and I love the brightness of your space.

What is the model of your monitor?@Isi_777 

@Shadab Rasheed This one: Dell Ultra Sharp 38" Monitor – U3818DW

Can highly recommend! 

Thank you @MStrant :smile:

Here is my setup. Yes, I have two different colored lights. One of them died, so using a replacement one in the meantime. It doesn’t do the same color temperature. :( #firstworldproblems.

ope.png

As requested by @Anna Chu , here's my home office :) We moved during the middle of the pandemic so I'm still setting everything up!IMG_6904.jpg

I love this! So glam!

Quick Privacy Reminder: While sharing your room photo is fun and motivating and give us energy that we are not alone and also gives us idea of how to make our room to be cool like yours. Be careful, that your personal data and private information won't be shared by accident in picture things you have to be careful of:

Sticky notes: If there is sticky note with your username and password on them or any important information, it could gives hacker a good chance of hacking.

Your Screens: make sure you don't open codes or any sensitive data and make sure to just have public screen on them. Bing is good example since has nice picture (but make sure you are sign out of Microsoft Account in Bing) and then take photo.

Your lifestyle: You might hang out interesting poster or favorite books and it is fun to see them, but cybercriminals also looking for such pictures to abuse it for social engineering.

We already observe cases, where cybercriminals are looking pictures and profile to find something and do their crimes. So be careful and take cautions while sharing photo online and public. They will download pictures and zoom it and expand quality to find something interesting.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived also to add, be mindful of what's outside your window when sharing pictures! I've seen instances where people can easily identify where someone lives simply due to identifying what's directly outside their window.

Loving what you started here @Simon Binder ... wondering if there is anyone on this thread who can help answer this question about Remote Desktop Web Access and Dual Monitors?

@April_Speight Thank you for your comment, you are right about outside windows, there are number of number of ways where we could identify users' location and it is also important consideration.

I replied the question and I have to wait for response and I will follow up.

HiI @Simon Binder , challenge agreed. Here is my France WFH in the countrysideWFH : France countryside officeWFH : France countryside office