SOLVED

Teams for Education space

Steel Contributor

There is a Space for discussion here in the "Education Sector" Community for "Classroom" but nothing for Teams, nor is there an Education Space in the "Teams" Community

I and many others have many questions about the use of Teams in Education and specific education features such as Assignments. Where are we best to post them?

11 Replies
Good question! Most ask questions like that in the regular Teams community, but that's often causing confusion since some things are different in EDU tenants. Let's ping @Mike Tholfsen and @Anne Michels for input.

Agree with this- Teams in Education is a very different ball game from Teams in business. Something that seems increasingly clear to me is that applying business 'workflows' to education isn't working. There's a lot of well intentioned ideas within all of the Microsoft education offer that don't seem to be based in any research into how young minds work- and navigating through the Teams environment is an example. We very quickly had to switch off the chat functions in pretty much all classes due to distraction and in-appropriate use. Getting back to the point- it's telling that the Classroom forum still exists in the tech community when it's been dead for a year. 

Are there any other channels for Q & A for Teams in Education that are more active @magnus?
None open and official that I'm aware of, but you could always ask questions in the Microsoft Teams for Education group on Facebook.

Or maybe  @Laurie Pottmeyer?

Or given the latest new feature blog post @Justin Chando. Any chance for a dedicated Team for Education area here in Tech Community?

Just got confirmation this should be available very soon, stay tuned! :)
Looking forward to the Teams for Education
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the great suggestion. Thanks to you, we just created a Microsoft Teams for Education community! Looking forward to continuing the conversation there :) 

Fantastic! Thanks @Justin Chando

Thanks for pushing this again. I had raised the issue ages ago (or supported the idea - it's so long ago I cannot remember which is which).

Glad that there is now a dedicated space for Teams for Education.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the great suggestion. Thanks to you, we just created a Microsoft Teams for Education community! Looking forward to continuing the conversation there :) 

View solution in original post