SOLVED

Embed Feature in OneDrive for Business

Copper Contributor

Why is there no Embed feature for OneDrive for Business? As a school with an Office365 tenancy and an active VLE we would like to be able to embed resources on pages the same way we can do it for OneDrive personal. Would have wished that MS had looked more at OneDrive personal when developing an education solution rather than the business based OneDrive for Business. 

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

What type of file are you trying to embed? I'm able to embed Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents from my OneDrive for Business library just fine. I just need to open them with the Office Online editor to access the Embed option.

@Gideon Williams

I happen to have the same problem today. How did you solve it? I need to embed MP4 into my Blog. 

@kamil007 

Was there ever an answer to this?

Ended up having to continue to use a OneDrive personal account as a workaround.

@Chris Yue 

Open the document in the online editor. Select File>Share>Embed

ktabler_0-1614084681457.png

Thanks,

I need to be able to embed links for software downloads so I am guessing, using Office won't work in my scenario.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

What type of file are you trying to embed? I'm able to embed Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents from my OneDrive for Business library just fine. I just need to open them with the Office Online editor to access the Embed option.

View solution in original post