SOLVED

Windows 10 for education

Copper Contributor
Simple question but why does windows 10 for education edition include Candycrush, Microsoft wallet, solitaire etc? Why can’t this bloatware be removed from the ISO? We currently use LTSC edition because of this as many other schools have recommended but it seems like Microsoft forgot us in education here.
3 Replies

@Gareth Sellwood, thanks for the feedback.  We'll make sure it's passed along to the right contacts in Windows. 

best response confirmed by Gareth Sellwood (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Gareth Sellwood! Some of the bloatware like Candycrush is added by OEMs. To fix this there is a setting called Clean PC in the Set Up School PCs app that customers can use to help with provisioning. Apps like Microsoft Wallet and Solitare are built in to Windows, but if you are using Intune for Education those apps can be removed via the "Remove built-in" apps setting. Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Is there a webpage that explains the differences from Win 10 Education from Enterprise since these are not exactly the same? I get asked by districts in my state about this and always push Education, but would be nice to point them to a nice resource.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gareth Sellwood (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Gareth Sellwood! Some of the bloatware like Candycrush is added by OEMs. To fix this there is a setting called Clean PC in the Set Up School PCs app that customers can use to help with provisioning. Apps like Microsoft Wallet and Solitare are built in to Windows, but if you are using Intune for Education those apps can be removed via the "Remove built-in" apps setting. Let me know if you have any more questions! 

View solution in original post