Office 365 Training Portal

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

Microsoft has a lot of excellent training resources for the many Office 365 apps, but they can be difficult to find. To that end, I created the Office 365 Training Portal, the goal of it being to centralize access to the various Microsoft resources, including Microsoft's overview videos of the apps (where available).

Is this a resource that could benefit your users/organizations? Is there anything you would recommend to make it better?

18 Replies

Wonderful.  Thank you

This is really cool! Definitely will benefit users & orgs. 

Nicely done!

This is great!  I will definitely add this to my list of resources.  Thanks!

Hi, @Graham McHugh 

Awesome collating the information. It would be nice to group as top bar drop-down or sidebar links into the following categories similar to the following YouTube video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5aprcSREk 

• Office Apps
  • Communication/Collaboration Services
  • Business Apps (Power Platform)

It was based on Office 365 licensing comparison table and allows more room when additional workstream are included.

Thanks for the feedback, @Fred Y. While I see the logic in grouping the apps into categories, I chose not to do so on the Portal for simplicity's sake. I figured users could quickly scan the relatively short alphabetical list of apps, rather than having to visually jump between categories, or click on multiple menus to find the app they're looking for. But certainly I can see times when grouping them makes sense!

Graham

Great! Thank you @Graham McHugh !

My pleasure, @chrmina! :)

Wonderful! Thanks a lot for doing this... I was trying to do the same for myself (saving bookmarks) but this is well thought out, well displayed and a great asset to deployment champions and end users alike. Thanks @Graham McHugh 

You're very welcome, @Basil-Al-Azem -- glad you're finding it useful!

Vewry useful, thank you guys!
Nice job putting this together Graham.

Will you be keeping it updated?

Thanks for the kind words, Asif.

In answer to your question -- I will be doing my best to keep the site updated. That said, it would be great if folks can let me know of broken links or missing resources so that I can fix and update -- maybe through a message in this tech community, or a message to the @Office365Portal twitter account.

Graham

Bravo @Graham McHugh  As some others have said, I think many of us tried to do something like this, which is so time-consuming, yet so necessary.  This will be VERY useful, and I want to thank you so very much!

(I have been waiting for the Microsoft training product/portal release also. Now word is it's coming, but yours is here and now, and wonderful!)

You're very welcome @Andrea Bracken! And thanks so much for the kind words -- I'm glad you're finding the portal useful!

@Andrea Bracken 

You can setup your own custom training portal within SharePoint using the link below.  This is still in beta, but we have set it up and customized for our organization.   It's been a great landing page for our end user training.  

http://aka.ms/clo365docs

I've added a lot of user-adoption resources to the portal since I first posted about it back in January -- you can check them out here: Office 365 Training Portal | User Adoption.

Hope you find some of it useful!

Graham

Thanks Graham, it's a really helpful resource tool.