Having conversations about moving to Teams

Brass Contributor

How do you approach companies that have set up other technologies recently, and have put a large investment into these portfolios to look at the rest of the E3/E5 slack.  I am trying to show value in our E3 investment, but its hard when companies have moved into technologies like Slack/box/dropbox/jive.

I've gone thru showing the value, and showing the stack vs stack approach.  I would be curious as to how other people have spoken to IT leadership about how to reevaluate E3/E5 MS stack and not have it become shelf ware.

Thanks for your thoughts.

3 Replies

I Think it depends where you are based in the world. As for a lot of service you need to be GDPR compliant and with the stack of Microsoft you can be!

Hi @bbhorrigan. You're still in a great position to talk about Microsoft 365 using scenarios that matter to your customers. Rather than compare feature for feature and stack to stack, tell a story with a scenario and highlight the ease of integration between the different products and services. One of M365's greatest strengths is they all work better together. SharePoint and OneDrive underpin document collaboration. Sharing files over email follows best practice of attaching a link and point people to the original copy. The Teams meeting scenarios show a powerfully simple progression from pre-meeting activities and discussions, through to meeting and post-meeting activities/discussions. 

Listen to your customers talk about their work, the processes they go through. 

Identify a scenario that matters to them in their industry.

Tell a story with the M365 products and services and highlight the ease of switching activities during the scenario, due to the integration. 

You'll find that the competing product stacks might be strong on their own in some features, but the integration between them isn't easy to use and adopt for end-users. That inferred comparison speaks for itself. 

I would also add that you aren't taking away the tools that work well for them. In some scenarios, what Microsoft offers isn't as good as the tool they're using but they do integrate with O365. For example, Wrike provides a lot of functionality Planner doesn't (even with SharePoint). Wrike will integrate with teams so tasks can be assigned, conversations can happen around a task, and files can be stored in OneDrive.

Relate the conversation to existing workloads and usecases to help drive the sell. As what was mentioned already, tell a story rather than a stack vs stack conversation.