SOLVED

Coffee in the Cloud - YouTube Videos

Copper Contributor

Our China colleagues are not allowed to access YouTube. We would like to provide our Teams Champions and IT team members in China the Coffee in the Cloud videos. Are these available through another medium?

5 Replies
Hi @dearthie50

AFAIK, only available via YouTube

If you have Microsoft Teams, you could leverage the functionality - run a meeting, share screen with shared system audio, play and record the video (outside China). This would record it into Stream where it can be consumed by your users

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard - Thank you for your answer. However, I am  referring to the Coffee in the Cloud videos on YouTube. I want to share them with my colleagues in China but they are not allowed to access YouTube. 

best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @dearthie50

Yes I understand. I meant, you record the YouTube videos playing by using Teams (record with the screen sharing capability in meetings) and this will record a copy of the videos. These recorded videos will go into Stream (the video service) where - if the users are in your tenant, you can share with them, or you can download those videos as mp4 files and share them another way

I can't recommend other means of getting them out of YouTube.

They are solely on YouTube, not on any other video service. If you wanted the original video files you would need to seek out Karuana Gatimu on this site as I understand she has a big part in running the series

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  - I understand now. Thank you for your response, this makes sense. I will record the videos by using Teams and that will eliminate the need for the original videos. Our China colleagues are in our Tenant this solution would work. 

Hi Is it possible to set up a Teams RSS feed for this Channel?

Thanks 

@Christopher Hoard 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @dearthie50

Yes I understand. I meant, you record the YouTube videos playing by using Teams (record with the screen sharing capability in meetings) and this will record a copy of the videos. These recorded videos will go into Stream (the video service) where - if the users are in your tenant, you can share with them, or you can download those videos as mp4 files and share them another way

I can't recommend other means of getting them out of YouTube.

They are solely on YouTube, not on any other video service. If you wanted the original video files you would need to seek out Karuana Gatimu on this site as I understand she has a big part in running the series

Best, Chris

View solution in original post