Adoption Team Structure

Copper Contributor

I am looking for examples of how other companies have structured their Adoption Teams using the roles in the Adoption Guide.  I am particularly interested in the following:

• Hierarchical team structure
  • Situations where a role (e.g. Success Owner) is repeated across multiple lines of business
  • Application in a large organization with many remote manufacturing facilities
  • Application in situations where some components are already rolled out (but not necessarily adopted) and others are not yet available. 

Thank you in advance for your input.

2 Replies
You may want to take a look at Sarah Haase's presentation (from the 2014 SharePoint Conference) about how Best Buy organized around adoption of SharePoint. The roles are different, but you will see an example of how one company created roles to support adoption and governance. https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/SharePoint-Conference/2014/SPC296. It's not exactly what you are looking for but it might provide some helpful insights.

Thank you Susan.  This did provide some good ideas on a Champion Program.  I especially like the concept of defining levels of champions.