Youtube videos keep crashing?

Copper Contributor

My youtube video keep crashing on edge canary and dev. I tried playing videos on Chrome, but they seem to be fine.

12 Replies
its working flawless on my side atlest at the dev build, but would perf have options to bring videos to 21:9 format by automatic.

@TasinAhmed 

YT, also, plays just fine for me using both Dev & Canary.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

After updating to 76.0.152... today, accessing ANY video on youtube.com now crashes the tab.

myTube opens any video just fine, of course :smirking_face:

@Rahsna Asurac I'm using Microsoft Edge Version 76.0.152.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit) and youtube.com works flawlessly for me!

@cbomtempo 

Been fine for me in the past; so, I gave it a whirl after seeing/reading this thread.  I ran vids using both youtube.com & the Snaptube app, no problem at all, same as ever.  And, this is on the same Build as, mentioned, the newest/latest.  This applies to both Dev & Canary; I checked both for this.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 Okay, good that it's at least not a widespread issue, like when Google was being evil again and disabled hangouts in the new Edge ^^

I only ever use youtube.com for testing compatibility with this new browser, so I don't really care as myTube is a far better experience i.m.h.o. :)

Did anyone ever get a fix for this? I have this issue on the Dev Channel. Works fine on BETA but crashes and closes tab to close every time video begins to load/play.

@mx_monkey 

I have not received a fix, as far as I know.  But, then again, I have never had the issue; not in any Channel.

Cheers,
Drew

@mx_monkey 

It should be fixed. Accessing Youtube.com no longer seems to crash the browser, which was previously the case :)

@Rahsna Asurac 

Here, by the way, is another example of bugs not showing everywhere...some never had this behavior with YouTube.

Glad it is, now, fixed for everyone, as you suggest, though.

Cheers,
Drew

@Rahsna Asurac 

Unfortunately still not fixed for me. Still crashing when video starts playing :unamused:

Version 80.0.355.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

@mx_monkey Have you tried installing the beta of the new Edge? I know this issue is specific to dev/can, but thought, if it's also happening for you in beta, you can be sure it is not some weird bug on your end only.

I'm mostly suspecting a plugin or flag to be the cause, this could rule it out. Give it a whirl and report back your findings, if you're up for it :)