SOLVED

Youtube reverted to old UI...

Bronze Contributor

Hey everyone,

Since yesterday, Youtube has switched to the old UI...

Cannot switch, shows Edge as unsupported...

Please get it fixed...

8 Replies

@Rohit Yadav This isn't a problem with Microsoft Edge, this is Google intentionally not supporting it. I honestly consider it sabotage.

@Rohit Yadav Frankly I hope Microsoft will sue them for this behaviour. Enough is enough.

best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

@Rohit Yadav thanks for the head's up. Yeah, this is a bug that Google introduced, not an issue with the Edge browser. They just detect us incorrectly. We have chatted with them about it, and it should be fixed really soon.

-John

@johnjansen Thanks for the reply. I knew this before that it is a bug because old Edge opens the site in the new UI only... 
Hope it will be fixed soon by the respective team...

@Rohit Yadav Glad I stumbled on this, I thought I was going crazy. It sucks because Dark Mode isn't doesn't work on this YouTube version. The white is simply blinding.

@Deleted exactly! The old UI is not so modern, and the lack of Dark mode is very frustrating...  ╯︿╰

@johnjansen Things are fine today.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

@Rohit Yadav thanks for the head's up. Yeah, this is a bug that Google introduced, not an issue with the Edge browser. They just detect us incorrectly. We have chatted with them about it, and it should be fixed really soon.

-John

View solution in original post