05-22-2019 03:56 PM
05-22-2019 03:56 PM
At the moment I have installed four different browsers on my laptop, these are Opera, Firefox, Yandex and Edge (Chromium), apart from the original Edge of course. All to the latest version available at the moment.
And I've noticed the following, when opening a video on YouTube, whatever that, if it has the option of 1080p and 60fps, it always has lag when it is playing even when the whole video has been loaded; this happens in the 4 browsers mentioned above, without exception.
However, this only happens when the resolution of the video is equal to or greater than 1080p, as long as it has 60fps. If the video does not have 60fps, in resolutions greater than or equal to 1080p, it plays smoothly in any browser. And the same happens when the video is 720p and 60fps, in this case it also plays smoothly.
Apart from this, I also have a problem with codecs, because if I activate the use of AV1 for all videos, only appears up to a maximum of 480p in the resolutions to choose when uploading the video, no matter which video you choose. The only way to be able to use and have HD videos to choose would be to place the use of VP9 or the use of AV1 for SD videos or not choose it.
What has surprised me about all this was not the problems I mentioned. It has been the fact that out of curiosity I decided to try all this with the original Edge browser, and to my surprise, none of the problems mentioned occur; I can use the AV1 codec for both SD and HD videos without problems and these load and can be chosen from the resolution options of the videos. I can choose resolution equal to or greater than 1080p with 60fps and the videos play smoothly.
I communicated with the technical support of one of the mentioned browsers and after trying all the options they gave me and sending my case to other experts, the answer I got was that my video card did not support the following framerate and bitrate in your browser due to incompatibility.
Then I think you can understand my dissatisfaction with current browsers; I do not know if this is something that is only happening to me, but if not, as much as yes; I hope that the development of the new Edge Chromium, take into account the following and can solve this problem. Because if these problems do not occur in all browsers, it means that it can be fixed.
I hope this problem will be analyzed.
Note: in Chrome it also happens.