SOLVED

Youtube New Design Not Compatible anymore

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I Noticed this Morning that I had returned to the old UI of Youtube.

When I go to https://www.youtube.com/new it is said that the Browser is not compatible and suggests me to use Google Chrome (Ha Ha). Yet It was working well until yesterday and my build of Edge (Dev Channel) does not seems to have updated....

Does anyone have the same problem ?

Is it the same thing than for the 'Google Meet' story ?

EDIT: Once again, changing User Agent throught the inspector for 'Chrome - Windows' fixes the issue.

17 Replies

@apprenti90

Canary Channel  too.

@apprenti90 I'm also having the same issue and I'm glad to see it's not just me. Hopefully, the next update will incorporate whatever changes Google made to the site code.

Google are idiots, after Huawei ban, now they play dirty with new Microsoft Edge. Shame

@apprenti90 Noticed the same thing. Also, youtube studio is not working at all.youtube.png

I do not think they are really "idiots" per se.  They know what they do. :-). @Octavian20604 

For everyone that is having this problem (i'm included) just use this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-and-m/bhchdcejhohfmigjafbampogmaanbfkg

I am on Canary and the issue is there for me too
Yes, same happened to me. After user-agent switch it worked.

@apprenti90  can confirm

We are aware of this issue and are working with the site owners to get it addressed.  Thank you for taking the time to try out the Insider channels of Microsoft Edge.

Similarly, YouTube Music (music.youtube.com) not working at all.

@apprenti90 

Yes, same here both, Dev & Canary.  If I wanted Chrome, would have had it long ago.  "HA HA" is right.

YouTube is ok, but, not YTNew

NewYT.jpg

And, there is another issue! There settings available in YT are VERY different if using Edge or Edge C; including, YT in Edge C has no Dark Mode.  BTW, it's the same whether YT or YTNew.

New in Edge.jpg

YT Edge C.jpg

YTNew DOES work fine in Edge.  Just not Edge C.

Cheers,
Drew 
thVY64FD02.jpg

I'm guessing this is occurring across YouTube as a whole.YouTube GamingYouTube Gaming

YouTube MusicYouTube Music

New themeNew theme

And now for other services by Google!Google DuoGoogle Duo

Google EarthGoogle EarthGoogle Earth: After clicking launchGoogle Earth: After clicking launch

I only see the new YouTube. I'm running Canary. YT Music and YT Gaming also work for me.

Google Duo and Google Earth don't work for me. There's no reason for Duo not to work. MS could probably do something with the user agent there.

I had to get an extension to bring the old one back, Why? The same reason I use Creator Studio Classic: performance. YouTube's new site still has a bug with touch that I reported while it was in testing. Tapping and holding on a video title/thumbnail will not open the context menu and will instead play the video. Screw Polymer. It's even slow in Chrome. I use an extension to get a dark theme.
best response confirmed by apprenti90 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Seems to be fixed.

Thanks a lot :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by apprenti90 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Seems to be fixed.

Thanks a lot :)

View solution in original post